Sunday, March 18, 2012

Simon Cowell: I brush off criticism

Simon Cowell has likened criticism to a 'mosquito bite'.The music mogul has launched some of the most famous talent contests in the world, among them American Idol, The X Factor and America's Got Talent. Some music fans have accused him of saturating the charts around the world with bland pop music, but it's not something he pays any attention too ' even when Sir Elton John moans at him.Sometimes you throw a pebble in the water ' occasionally a rock ' just to wind everybody up. When things get a little too comfortable I get bored. And yes, it amuses me,' Simon laughed.To me [criticism is] like a mosquito bite. We are the ones putting the money back in. With Elton, one minute he likes what we are doing, the next he doesn't. He just likes being controversial. If ever I meet him we joke about it.Simon is known for being a tough judge on the television programmes he is involved with. He always says if vocals aren't good enough and is brutally honest about how far a hopeful will really get in the industry.However, he insists many have the wrong idea about him.Simon famously arranged for British pop star Cheryl Cole to leave the UK judging panel of The X Factor and join the US version. Things didn't work out and she was replaced after a few weeks, causing outrage in her home country.I know when I've crossed the line a little bit. I thought there was going to be a big reaction. I wasn't prepared for what was coming next. I had to apologise for the way it was handled,' he said. 'I think [the relationship] is, [repaired] yeah ' we text occasionally. I mean, she is not on the phone every night any more but she broke the ice.'

No comments:

Post a Comment