Saturday, January 7, 2012

Axl Would Only Reform GN'R With Slash And Duff

An official Guns N' Roses reformation at the 2012 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame seems increasingly unlikely after Axl Rose expressed an obvious lack of interest.
The singer told the LA Times that he understands the why the fans want a reunion, but made his feelings about the lineup clear.
Curiously, he suggested that he would be more likely to reform with Slash and Duff McKagan than Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler. "Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It’s nothing against Izzy and it’s nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I’ve toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties."
"I don’t have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There’s behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it’s not really even a full reunion."
He also explained that his friendship with Slash had been difficult since the day they met.
"The fight with me and Slash started the day I met him. He came in, popped my tape out and put his in and wanted me in his band. And I didn't want to join his band. We've had that war since Day 1."

No comments:

Post a Comment