Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nicki Minaj has 'passion and humility'

Nicki Minaj has a large amount of 'humility' despite being a huge star, says Laurieann Gibson.The choreographer worked with the songstress in 2010 for an MTV Video Music Awards (VMA) pre-show performance with will.i.am. The two teamed up again for the 54th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday where Nicki performed a five-minute live rendition of her songs Roman's Revenge and Roman Holiday from her second studio album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.Laurieann appreciates Nicki's unwavering work ethic."I always connect with the passion and the gratefulness and the humility that she has," she gushed to MTV News. "Musically and lyrically, as far as a writer, she's very, very talented and that excites me. I love the delivery of her records. I saw it then, and now that I have the opportunity to work with her again, I see it now, and it's only going to get bigger and brighter for her. And I'm looking forward to helping her do that." Nicki's over-the-top Grammy performance grabbed many headlines post-show. The female rapping sensation pushed the boat out with an elaborate stage routine that contained multiple religious references."Roman Reloaded, I thought, is a brilliant record," she said. "The way she's throwing it so bold, impactful, not afraid. When people get into the record, they'll actually understand that that was the energy [of], 'I'm done with you, be done. I'm gonna believe in myself.' The record is amazing. And in choreographing it and in the beats and the camera angles, everything came from the power of the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment